Saturday, June 4, 2011

My Awesome Town


The continuing saga of me combing the village and lands around for interesting folks. I am energized every single friggin day by how great my homeys are, and what has it been? Twenty three years and I still alight new relationships with little more than a smile.

Yesterday I went to meet Jeannie who is farmsteading down off Thornhill. She claims her house was built in 19 gosh was it 24?

I have done all of the research on Montclair history and never heard about this farm. We know about Hayes, The Dingee Estate and Meadeau, but this place is a total NUGGET of history. When I walked in I felt the souls of a LONG time ago. It was, as a Montclair fanatic, a very HEADY experience.

So Jeannie, who is a music teacher for elementary school kids at Windthrust is doing very cool things at her house












She has chickens that are making her eggs and she has goats that are making milk for her cheese
She is making cheese for her own consumption that is totally amazing.



She is making Elderflower Soda and this amazing butter with sugar and goats milk reduced to a honey like pulp.

OMG
I plan to attend her Cheese y Yoga day on July 9th to learn more about her and her lovely style.

She just showed up out of the blue..........
and how wonderful she is!

No comments:

Post a Comment