Saturday, February 11, 2012

Gawd Its been a while!


Am LOVING THIS! Look how thin I was in 1993. I'd been shooting in my dining room and printing in the darkroom, when Jessica and I finally sat down and said, "Why don't I run the Sarber's Studio?
Sarbers Camera with Peter Sarber (yes I am dating myself) then his son David and wife Jess, has been an integral part of my professional life from the start.
I took workshops there in the KC days.
They are a total resourse for learning, community and supplies.

After a few years I bought the Studio Space and continued to work with them.


Just down the street from me, this priceless couple adheres to the shop local model that we call normal in Montclair.
I really hate it when people come in there to
check out a camera and then buy it on line, but Dave brushes it off. "These are my people, I want to service them". Mostly what he is doing is
create a strong village of photographic enthusiasts. Like his daddy before him, he is all about the relationship. The classes they are offering right now are top notch.




I featured Dave in my book, My Town Montclair
because he is my village and my home. He has been so good to me; showing me that YES you can have a business, you silly twit! He might possibly be responsible for teaching me, not only how to work as a photographer, but how to take on the village restorative project in my spare time....... more on that later



Our Town, our people are a very good thing. and thee is much on the horizon.

Stay in touch here and with the Collective www.montclairplazacollective.com

No comments:

Post a Comment